Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2010

In case anyone was holding their breathe (or waiting for their parents in law to show up at their doorstep in Colorado), Tom and Carol didn't go to their doctor's appointment. It was raining out and so when Cynthia showed up Carol told her they shouldn't go. Cynthia is bringing them to get blood work done Thursday and a new doctor's appointment will be set for next week.
When I got home I couldn't help but ask Carol, "did you get to your doctor's appointment today?" "There was no doctors appointment today," she replied, "there's nothing on the calender." "Really?" I say, and we go to look. "I don't know what you're talking about sweetie, there isn't anything on here. Are you feeling OK?" All I can think is that this has to be karma for calling her out. I pointed out where she scribbled out all the information about the appointment in pen, which triggered her to tell an elaborate lie about how she had called Dr Bob this morning and they had NO RECORD of any appointment ever being made. "Something really weird is going on here," she concluded. I really should have just left it be because then I could have saved myself from the overwhelming need to shake her saying "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!"
Grandpa hasn't come out of his lair since arrived home.

3 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised by them bailing on their Dr. Appointment?

    The only question for me is, why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill asks "Why?" Honey, it was RAINING outside. That's WHY....I wouldn't go either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in hurricane watch today...?

    ReplyDelete